Thread: Michigan LCO's
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mower For Less
I know how you feel, he has been giving me the run around on the Lesco 60" rider. I called him the evening he made his last post about it (Monday 8-28-06) and met him at his shop at 6:00pm to pick it up. With the bagger on, it was to wide to fit on my trailer, but that didnt seem to matter too much because he was unable to get it out of his shop regardless. I call him again and again trying to work something out, then he tells me to hurry up because Mark (redwingsdet) is also interested if I do not want it, but I was the first to respond, so he was givving me "dibs". I have a guy and a trailer (this time wide enought to accomodate the bagger) spend over 4 hours on Thursday (8-31-06) driving out near his place (after he calls me and says its going to be there and everything will be a go), and waiting because he "couldnt find the keys to his enclosed trailer" and was trying to locate them. I finially could not keep the guy tied up any longer, and sent him on his way to do other work. I tried several calls and kept getting the run around, tried to arrange to pick it up on Friday (9-1-06) but still could not get any commitments from them to meet me or have it available for pickup. I told him I would be gone all weekend for the holiday, and I tried to call him again today, and everything goes straight to voicemail, the office and the cell. I am not sure what the problem is, nor how many others are being strung along on this or similar deals, so I feel it is appropraite to bring this up in a public forum as a buyer beware, and hopefully to get a response from Dan that he is unable/unwilling to provide by phone.

Kevin

I'm not surprised, I guess. I have been one of this guy's harshest critics. I felt bad for calling him a "liar and a fraud" in a previous post (to which I publicly apologized to him). So I guess he got one over on me. Of course that only proves that he is a ...nope, I'm not going there again.

When I first talked to him I was just kind of brainstorming on how we could make a deal. It was late on Saturday night, but he kept saying, "just come out here." Having already explained that I have a sprayer in my bed that requires at least 2 guys to pull, I could not do that. He suggested pulling the sprayer at his place, loading the salter, and putting the sprayer back in that. Sounds like a winning plan right? Picture that rig rolling down 696 late on a Saturday night! He finally offered to deliver after I offered another $200. Sweet we had an agreement. He called me Sunday morning and said to get that cherry picker we had talked about to unload it here. Like a sucker I went to Murray's and dropped $200 on one, brought it home and assembled it. No call from him 'til that evening.
"$1200 cash?" he asks.
"Well, no, I'll have to write a check," I say. Because really, who has $1200 cash in their pocket on Labor Day weekend? He said Monday morning he'd bring it. Nada. I'm out $200 for this stupid cherry picker that I have no use for now. WTF?

Page generated in 0.03801 seconds with 7 queries