View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Member

ProLockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawncuttinfoo
I would like to fight the ticket but I need documentation. that says they are OK to use. Or are they only legal in FL?

Guys at prolockers, where can I find that?
lawncuttinfoo,
ProLockers are absolutely and completely legal and what you were told by this CVI was false. First question i have to ask, what exactly does CVI stand for and who do they work for? I would like to further investigate this organization.
The ProLockers system is designed and tested to meet and exceed DOT and FMCSA requirements 393.102. If you still have your owner's manual that came with the prolockers the last page is actually a glove box tear-out that lists these requirements. You can also visit the site for the US federal registry which lists these requirements.
The Performance criteria is as follows:
Cargo Securement devices and systems must be capable of withstanding the following three forces, applied separately:
(1) 0.8 g deceleration in the forward direction;
(2) 0.5 g acceleration in the rearward direction; and
(3) 0.5 g acceleration in the lateral direction

Please contact me directly (772) 229-1690 or e-mail me at customerservice@prolawnequipment.com so that I can provide you the information directly with the valid points highlighted for easier reading. ProLockers are not only legal in Florida, the cargo securement requirements are based on the North American Standard for Cargo Securement. We will do everything in our power to resolve this issue with you. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Christina Quintero
ProLawn Equipment Sales, LLC
(772) 229-1690
www.prolockers.com

Page generated in 0.04814 seconds with 7 queries