View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkbow
I have pretty much decided to go with the Hustler Mini Z with a 19 hp Kawasaki and a 52” cut. The Tank rides a lot rougher even though is has a pivoting front axel like a tractor. The Hustler also steers smoother and just has a better ride overall.
Never judge a ZTR's ride quality based until you have personally checked all 4 tires with a good low pressure tire gauge. What I find is that 9 times out of 10 the demos have like 20-30 PSI in all four tires. They all ride really bad like that and none of the ZTR's besides Ferris IS machines ride comfortable really. They all ride like war wagons to a degree.

If the Hustler Mini has a suspension seat, that makes all the difference.
One can be added to the Cub Tank for about $160.

Anyways, if you don't feel comfortable with the condition of that Cub demo, I can't say as I blame you... especially if you can't go the extra for it. But I'm surprised you show no interest in getting a Scag demo and a Gravely demo before you "jump the gun" and buy. Just remember that if you are like most, you will have to live with your decision quite a while.

I also agree that it is late in the year to be buying.
But if you need it, you need it I guess.

If you could get by without it a bit longer, and you have a good used equipment market in your area, you might be able to pick up a steal soon. Personally, I don't have that option in my area because the 'used market' is pitiful around me.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"

Page generated in 0.04514 seconds with 7 queries