View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad
The initial post said nothing about estimates, and how to give them, because I thought I was talking to pros. My mistake, I didn't account for people like you.
If you admit to estimates not even being an issue or mentioned...why are we discussing estimates???

Quote:
Here's my initial post, so you can re-read it. where did I agree to work for the rest of my life for the same price?
When did I say you did? We were talking about the rest of the season...See??? You do not write what you intended...That is your problem...

Quote:
I mowed it for the agreed upon price. 35 dollars. That's a days pay, for you, at McDonalds, or wherever your primary job is located.
For future mowings, the price must be higher in order to make money.
Why do you have a problem with that? Why would you mow it at a loss?
I have a problem with you not keeping your word because you screwed up...Not the customers fault yet you expect them to pay you for your mistake...Whats to say a month down the road you don't make another 'mistake'...and expect to be able to charge more again??? Where then is your motivation to give a rate that you yourself are satisfied with when all you have to do is raise the price???

Quote:
I apologize for not giving the full content of the conversation with the new client, I didn't know I was dealing with people here who don't know how to give estimates.
You describe yourself to a 'T'...

Quote:
If my initial post was too brief to make a decision, why were you so quick to choose "number 1?" Why didn't you ask questions, as other, more experienced people did?
Who besides yourself said the initial post was too short to make a decision??? I based my answer on the information provided by you in this topics initial post...Plain and simple you did not post ANYTHING other than what you did so why the F would I jump to conclusions as to what you really meant???

Quote:
I didn't get this much trouble from my new client, he didn't give me as much shyt as you did. I could have raised it more than I did, and kept the job.

Quote:
A bit of advice.
Keep your day job.
Don't need your advice to do that!!!

Gotta love the fact you changed your fight to estimates oNLY after shemouth said estimate...C'mon...If you have been in business so long...how come you don't know the difference between a bid and an estimate??? You bid $35.00...Keep your word and don't under bid yourself next time...
'99 Craftsman GT w/20hp V-Twin Kohler Pro, Automatic, Modified Triple Blade 50" Deck w/Electric Height Adjustment | '90 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Self Propelled Commercial Engine Mower | '75 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Push Commercial Engine Mower | 42" High Speed Lawn Sweeper | 48" Snow/Dozer Blade | 48" Core Aerator | 36" 400lb Lawn Roller | '98 Ryobi 790r 31cc 2 cycle Split-Straight Shaft Trimmer/Edger | Echo PB-200 Blower

Last edited by Splicer; 09-24-2006 at 09:00 PM.

Page generated in 0.05129 seconds with 7 queries