Thread: Moving Threads
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsylvain
I understand that moving threads is for organization. But only moving some that are out of place and leaving all the rest that are out of place is not organization. I just don't really understand why all the 1000's upon 1000's of "my mower is better than your mower" threads are not moved? There is a really good thread going right now about why companies fail to grow. By tomorrow it will be 5 pages back and in two weeks it will be basically gone. Yes, you can search for it, but unless you are looking specifically for that thread your chances of running into it are slim and none. If you already know the thread exists what does it matter, but what about the other people that have not seen it and could really give some great input for people and others that could really learn a thing or two.

I am not telling you to not let members post, what I am saying is that I think if someone posts an "Exmark vs Toro" thread it should be moved to the equiptment forum, if someone post a general business question move it to where it should go, but don't "discriminate" against some types of threads and not others. My post that was moved was just as much related to commercial lawn care as the "my mower is better than your mower" threads yet mine was moved and the others were not. I saw another post a few days ago that had been moved and when I saw it the first thing that came to my mind, was "why did they move that?" because it had a lot more to do with this business than stupid post about peeping in women's bedrooms to get their rocks off while on the job. Yes, you moved a thread asking about extra work that can be done when the grass isn't growing, but you left a thread about peeping toms. Where is the logic there?

Again, I realize that you can't check every post and monitor everything that goes on in the site but I think there has to be a better way to do this. Maybe you could add a forum for the serious Lawn Care questions. I don't know it is just really frustraighting. I also would think that there would be a way that the thread starter could remove post from their thread or block members from posting to it. Everytime someone asks a question there is always some jerk that disagrees and has to keep instigateing and trying to get the subject off topic.

It has just become such a waist of time to come to this site anymore because you don't learn anything and when you try to help someone your post is lost in a million pointless threads and never seen again.
If I didn't know better, I would think you are not getting your monies worth?
Good luck in trying to find the perfect forum

Page generated in 0.04313 seconds with 7 queries