View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

[QUOTE=dmanb2b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LwnmwrMan22

Sorry to rag on here man, but the point is, the dealer was not clear on which mower he was selling to Steelrat and obiously he was under the impression he was getting a new on and not the one sitting in the front of the dealership. There are many different buyers out there, me personally if I want a truck in a specific color with certain options and it not on the lot, but he/she has a different truck on the lot...wrong color, same options...sitting there for 1day to several months...I'll negotiate on that truck, then say OK now get me one in the color I want for that price I may have had to wait a few days for the dealer to locate it, but it was always detailed, nice and shinny with minimal miles on the odometer.
Correct, and you took the step to make sure, you didn't ASSUME that was what you were getting.

If you go to buy new clothes, do you take the first one off the rack, the one that everyone's tried on?? Or do you reach for a shirt towards the back, or to the bottom of the pile, one that no one's gotten to yet??

My point is, is that Steelrat needs to chalk this up to a lessoned learned as well, to be clear, not ASSUME. It needs to be on the sales order, "NEW".

He's lucky that the dealer IS understanding. IMO, the dealer doesn't have to do anything, that the sale was for a 44z. Any lawyer would say with 2 hours, that IS new, that one should know enough that if the mower is sitting outside, that it's going to get some surface rust on it.

All you guys that say "get one out of the crate", where do you think the crates sit???

Page generated in 0.04669 seconds with 7 queries