Thread: Busy????
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper
Not really.

You do not need much of a truck for gettin the material to the job. Thats the supplier's job.

Where a larger truck comes in handy is when you finish a job and have equipment, tools, spoils, and left over material to haul away.

Naturally one tries to remove the unnecessary tools, equipment, spoils, and materials as the work progresses. But reality is - it doesnt happen that way. If its a small job, you dont have enough days to haul things away as the work progresses. The larger payload is needed more towards the end of the project. Not really needed at the beginning.
I'm sure we operate differently, so here's how we typically do it: 90% of the time, I have a sub that excavates and removes spoils that need to be removed. Also, he moves my skid steers if needed.

Base aggregate, other materials are delivered. Crew shows up with 550 and enclosed trailer with all tools. Crew does the installation. If we are short one or four tons of material, crew uses 550 to go get it, or I go get 550 and run it to them. We finish job and crew leaves with extra material, spoils, etc. and hardscape trailer.

I can't imagine having so much material left over on a small job that I couldn't get it onto our truck.

Page generated in 0.03906 seconds with 7 queries