Thread: In school?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Grasscutter
Who here is still in school? How many lawns a week do you do, and do you have any help? Reason i am asking, i am trying to plan for next season, so it dont turn out ending like this (NO money in savings in mid-october). I KNOW i can do 25 lawns/wk, but mom aint so convienced. I am also looking for ways that i can explain to her i can keep good grades, still do golf (she wants me to real bad, but it will be tough to make the team anyway, so it may not even be a problem), and still sucessfully manage my accts. Thanks for any replies.

Basically, what i am asking, CAN i do 25 lawns a week between 3:45 to 7 monday through friday? Also have all day saturday and sundy to do lawn stuff, but prefer to keep those open if possible for extra jobs, catchup if rained out, and somewhat of a personal life.
Are you still able to work and have daylight till 7pm? Its been getting dark around here before 7 for the past 2-3 weeks. In the early spring and fall it was tough but do what you have to do. I was always trying to keep the weekends empty but if I had to work, I was ready willing and able to do so. Last year in my senior year of HS, I was managing about 30-35 lawns a week plus the additional customers for mulch and spring and fall clean-ups and stuff. It was tight and there were many days when I was not getting in till 9 o clock but I was able to get the work done.
What time are you getting out of school? 345 sounds a bit late to start. I got done school at 154 and I brought my trailer to school most days. At 215, I was at my first job and ready to go.
2011 8x16 Pace Summit trailer
2010 Exmark TTHP 17/48
04 Exmark Viking 32"
96 Exmark Metro 36"
Echo, Redmax, and Shindaiwa handhelds. Husky chain saws.
2010 F-350 4x4 6.4 PSD w/ 8' Western plow.
1997 F-250 4x4 7.3 PSD
2004 Bobcat 61" 25hp ZTR for sale. 1100 hours, Under 10 hours on a TOTAL DECK REBUILD! PM for details

Page generated in 0.04561 seconds with 7 queries