View Single Post
Old 07-15-2001, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Bill,
I have to disagree with you for many reasons. You don't know my clients and I don't know yours.
I own a Walker GHS and a Toro Proline 44 walkbehind. The Walker bags the Toro is SD.
The following is MY examples to try and MAKE SOME SENSE for you.
I have a small client base and some of my clients require that I bag clippings because of swimming pools or areas that discharging is not always practical as under pine trees that have high acidity. I do not bag many and my Walker is set up with a no catch deflector so I can discharge. Unnecessary-NO.

My clients require that I bag and remove thatch from the yard in the spring. I do not remulch all of the thatch that I dig up out of the lawn as I know some guys do. I also bag and remove leaves from properties in the fall. I average between 75 and 100 per hour doing this.
Unprofitable -NO.

When it is time to bag there is nothing better and faster. There is no double cutting, hardly any slowing down and the end result is a clean lawn.
Waste of time-NO

My equipment is set up for me and it is very profitable and easy for me to bag if I have to. Not many other Z's can do it as easy or as well as my Walker can without adding oversized blowers and extra motors to drive them. My clients want a high level of service and this is there idea. Yours may have different ideas but then again we are in different markets.

Oh ya, I hope I wasn't too opinionated also.

Page generated in 0.03247 seconds with 7 queries