View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Member

I bought the Case 445 because i wanted a little bigger machine than the Cat 257and the next bigger cat was a whole lot more undercarriage crap/parts than i needed to deal with down the road. I am also a big Case fan and they didnt have track skid steers when i purchased the 257. The 257 was a nice machine but seemed a little weak on power. We had the cat for about a year before it was stolen off the front lawn of a job we were working on. The Case i have had for approx. 6months? and it is a power house and my crew and i really like it. It is loaded with a/c , hyd. coupler, heat , cab, ride control, block heater, etc. As far as the controls i like both types. We were used of case controls , because i had a 75xt in the past. The two different track designs are up in the air right now. I cant tell a diffence in the dirt, but we do alot of snow plowing and i am skeptical if the lug/pad type track will grip as good as the cat ladder bar type track. Will know soon as its getting close to plow season here. doug

Page generated in 0.04281 seconds with 7 queries