View Single Post
Old 10-15-2006, 12:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWest
If they pay well, and for the most part have been good to you, I would have a "sit down" with them... tell them that you have been there for them when they needed you and that you have no problem, (give them a "for instance" THIS job you're doing on Sat.) Tell them that YOU went to work for them on SATURDAY because they had "to have it now" and you came through for them. Then when they have a nice job, they contract someone else.??? Ask them WHY? And if it's, say, a 3000.00 dollar job and they got someone else because of a 100 or 200 bucks. I would tell them that "hasn't my devotion to your property and requests been good enough for a couple of hundred bucks?
And heck, further more than that.... I don't exactly get why they didn't just ask the other crew take care of THIS little job they had to have done, while they were there, instead of calling me out to for it?

Anyways, I will have to have this 'sit-down' conversation probably. But unless I mellow out a lot more between now and next week, I think I will have to be willing to walk on the whole deal if I do have this conversation. Not because I think they would cancel me... but because I might be tempted to just walk...

More than anything, this sort of thing is just a slap through the face.
The kind wrecks your 'do' and leave your hair whipped across your forehead.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"

Page generated in 0.04175 seconds with 7 queries