View Single Post
Old 10-15-2006, 02:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

SOMM,

I totally understand what you are saying, and it's good for folks to read your post. You might typically have a point and that's a good comment.

However, in this particular case, you have missed the mark on this one. Remember me saying that this one was a bit smothering, monopolizing, intensive, ect...?

Well, your post hits the nail on the head rather well in pointing out a few things.
1) Sometimes your best efforts don't matter
2) Sometimes accounts and be so intensive they eat up your time for other things

Continuing from above, the truth is, this account has been so communication extensive and high contact intensive, that it gets to the point there's already more non-billable 'stroking and petting' hours involved than I want. In fact, once in a while I even put off communications a little longer because it's too the point I feel it borders me being a pest. Understand what I mean? I mean for the last several months I've averaged like 2 'extra service visit' requests per week for additional maintenance. So there is a lot of good contact, communication and feedback going on.

At this point in the game, more than anything I just feel used. Used for the difficult money jobs and a lot of nickel and dime level extras. And then the first time a money job comes along at a lower difficulty level... I get passed right over.

When it comes right down to it, this is nothing more than somebody somewhere along the chain of command evaluated the work to be done and passed this less intensive renovation on to someone else. Most likely somebody doing some work of some sort for them at some other location, or somebody who knows somebody, or just flat out someone cheaper.

I will attempt to get to the bottom of it at some point. But I strongly doubt I'll ever get an honest response. If they wanted to be honest about it, and there was some really logical reason this went down this way, I'm sure they would have notified me to 'expect' this and pre-explained. Especially considering I worked in that area last on Thursday, we spoke on Friday about the scope of this service request, which they wanted completed Friday or Saturday morning, and I agreed to do it Saturday morning.

Not unless they weren't counting on frost Saturday morning, and my job running longer into the day, and us both being around at the same time. But I really doubt that, because they knew I knew this renovation was coming up, because they told me they would be ready to do it before long.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"

Page generated in 0.04634 seconds with 7 queries