View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Way I got around Class C is I don't enter agreements in those big amounts, it also protects me from getting took for more than a few hundred while it protects the customer from wasting money in their excitement (it is dangerous to make financial decisions when excited).

See, I'm verbal per job, and likely I will never be able to complete in excess of a thousand dollars worth of work.
At least not in ONE day.

That is not to say I can not do it, but say someone wants a TON of work done, there's a thread on here someplace where some Lco is currently wondering if he's ever going to get paid $2,400 that he's owed... Do you really want this?

Way I do it, $100 / week worth of work, finish the work and bill them.
Wait for the check, then go back and do the next $100 worth.
And so on.

And yes I know more than a few customers who have money burning a hole in their pocket (or so they say) act like they want this all done as of yesterday... But I'm not sticking my neck out like that, I am not putting everything on hold for them, not even for a hundred thousand dollars... Because I still have to get PAID first.

So, $100/ week or so... Believe me, you do that for 6-8 weeks and I guarantee it slows down the mouthiest of them. Matter of fact, I haven't seen any Johnny-come-latelies last more than 2-3 weeks before the cold, hard truth dawns on them (which is 'Dang I didnt think it would be this expensive...' (huhuhu lol)).

So, it's for your protection and theirs. Yes, you COULD have made off with several thousand IF you had rushed in and wooshed it away, but then what if they wised up and you never got paid? Nevermind that you put everyone else on hold for this, you will hurt yourself and your business via this method if you think you can just put everything on the back burner for Mr. & Mrs. Money.

$100 / week maximum, per customer.
And so long you don't get into annual contracts, you will never exceed the $1000 Class C limitation.
OR, you can just get a Class B since you might exceed $7000 / year lol...

Last edited by topsites; 11-21-2006 at 09:50 AM.

Page generated in 0.04676 seconds with 7 queries