Thread: Rules Question?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 02:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Rules Question?

After reading the rules of Lawnsite, I have a couple questions:

1. If this site is intended to be "clean", "helpful", and "informative" then why are there so many restrictions on posting information?

2. Almost every rule on Lawnsite seems to be directed at securing a marketplace, but I need to know the information provided by non-sponsered sites that will not affect Lawnsite's marketing procedures. Will this be restricted also as it has?

3. Every internet business focuses on marketing, but at what cost to the members? Are we being deprived of useful posts due to strict policies?

4. There is a fine line between a forum and a marketing blog. Where do we stand on that line?

I love Lawnsite, so don't take this the wrong way. I will always abide by rules set forth on a site. My concern is "who" the rules are for? Are they for us, as represented, or were they developed as a tool to increase sponsership and residual commissions or other profits?

Mods, please do not take this as an attack on Lawnsite in any way. Your site is wonderful and I enjoy being a part of it. Remember that, as companies expand, the members that generate the profits will eventually consider a union to compromise. Eliminating this threat can cause undesirable results. It is most beneficial to appease both the sponser and the people they are trying to reach.

Page generated in 0.04080 seconds with 7 queries