View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 01:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member
Just a few things-

1. buy a used bare-bones work truck, everything manual, and simple. Here's an example. I bought a used 2wd chev 2500 6 years ago, it had nearly 80,000 miles but I picked it up for $4k, I have replaced the tranny, brake parts, muffler and battery, totaling about $2,250. So I'm into it $6,250. (not including oil changes and tires which all vehicles go through) That is less than 9 months of your $700/mo payment, for 6+ years and 80,000 miles of use.

2. If you are putting 70 gallons/week into your diesel- then you will have some serious routing problems. That's about 1,000 miles/week, which translates to about 25 hrs of windshield time. 1 thing that I learn more and more;

3. Just get what you actually need. If your props aren't that big, then a 36" WB will get you started. For bigger props a 52" WB is a decent start.

Good luck- we're not trying to be rude, but it's a lot better to have someone tell you these things, than to learn them the hard way as most of us did.
Check out my channel
Turftech channel

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle
Page generated in 0.03967 seconds with 8 queries