View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Member

I started working in the landscape industry when I was 15 years old as a summer job in Cleveland, Ohio. I eventually went into landscaping full time and worked up to a landscape construction foreman. I was sent to school part time for basic horticulture and landscape design. After several years, I left the industry to pursue a career in Firefighting and EMS. 3 years ago, I decided to get back into the industry by starting my own company as a side business. I never lost interest in landscaping and always kept it close to my heart. I bought an existing business from a friend, who was also landscaping on the side. I started with a 1989 Toyota truck, 5x10 trailer, 52" Toro Z, Yardman 21", echo hand blower, echo line trimmer, and assorted hand tools. I had 14 Maintenance accounts. Now, going on my third season, My company has developed into a full time operation with 3 trucks: 1 supervisor vehicle, 1 maintenace vehicle and 1 construction vehicle. I have 30 residential maintenance accounts, all upscale/upper income. I provide a complete lawn and landscape service including maintenace, fertilization and pest control, design/build services and irrigation. I have purchased many more toys over the past 2 seasons, too many to list. I pride myself on world class customer service, profesional image, and standardized systems for all services. My customers have admired the attention to every detail put into their landscape maintenace and installations. I have learned alot over the last 2 seasons and continue to dedicate my spare time to continued education and tweaking my operations. I try to be innovative and keep up up on the current trends in design and maintenance practices.

Page generated in 0.04541 seconds with 7 queries