Thread: Michigan LCO's
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 03:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapro View Post
mulch, plants, soil ammendments, fertilizer, etc....

anyone that sells anything for a profit needs to have a sales tax license and place the license in plain view of business area. i have a feeling i might run my business differently than most here. i purchase items at wholesale than markup to whatever i want then charge my customer the 6% sales tax a time of sale.

i am filling out the e-form version of 518 which does not let you place a category# in the field. 073 is an exact fit for what i need but they give you options to select and none of them are that.
I do not itemize material costs on my jobs. When I invoice a customer, it is one price that covers materials, labor, and profit. Billing in this fashion does not require sales tax to be collected. I pay the sales tax on materials as I buy them, and roll those costs into the job.

518 is a fairly simple form to fill out, why not just do it longhand so you can get the correct classification? Or, there is a PDF version on the State website that allows you to manually enter all the fields, then print it out all filled out.

Page generated in 0.04664 seconds with 7 queries