Thread: Michigan LCO's
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 04:04 PM
Mower For Less Mower For Less is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 823
Originally Posted by terrapro View Post
mulch, plants, soil ammendments, fertilizer, etc....

anyone that sells anything for a profit needs to have a sales tax license and place the license in plain view of business area. i have a feeling i might run my business differently than most here. i purchase items at wholesale than markup to whatever i want then charge my customer the 6% sales tax a time of sale.

i am filling out the e-form version of 518 which does not let you place a category# in the field. 073 is an exact fit for what i need but they give you options to select and none of them are that.
I do not itemize material costs on my jobs. When I invoice a customer, it is one price that covers materials, labor, and profit. Billing in this fashion does not require sales tax to be collected. I pay the sales tax on materials as I buy them, and roll those costs into the job.

518 is a fairly simple form to fill out, why not just do it longhand so you can get the correct classification? Or, there is a PDF version on the State website that allows you to manually enter all the fields, then print it out all filled out.
Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.03423 seconds with 8 queries