View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

make sure you have at least one person to cut lawn for before you go out and spend all the money. i have seen more people go under this way. they go and buy top of the line stuff or just nice stuff thats A LOT more than they can afford. They go under after the first year unless the have other ways of making money.

for the trailer go for a smaller one at first just big enough to hold all your stuff. Then if you get bigger and need a bigger trailer you can sell that one and get a bigger one. but if you stay the same size than why waste the money on a big trailer that wastes gas pulling it? some thing to think about

I am working on starting out too and its pretty stressful trying to get what you want with a limited budget. Trust me i know i have about $1000 that i can work with and like $30,000 in stuff that i didnt really need. Now i need a trailer and a few odd parts. but all the trailers i want/need are over $1000. i mean i have money in a savings account but i really need that for a down payment on a house cause rent sucks.

what ever you decide to get make sure it can pay for it self. or its not worth having on a limited budget

1999 dodge ram 2500 4x4 (ex plow truck needs tranny work)

1998 dodge ram 2500 ext cab needs all new lines (soon to be the new plow truck)

curtis plow 7 1/2ft 4 years old

1995 7ft X 16ft trailer

woods diesel zero turn 5ft mowing deck (60 inch) 6-7 years old

and a whole lot more ill up date later

Page generated in 0.03917 seconds with 7 queries