View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Thumbs up

Well I suppose I don't have any horror stories about trimmer racks since I haven't used any in the 10 years I've been in business. That is because I have not found any 'trimmer' racks I deem capable of holding two or three 25 pound(each), $1000(each) 'weedeaters'. You see, I specialize in clearing underbrush, and that requires heavier 'trimmers' than most other landscapers. I am using stihl FS550 and husqvarna 265RX clearing saws. I have not found a rack that can take the weight, diameter of shaft, or accomodate the bulky handlebars of these machines. It's difficult to tell from the website, but I doubt even these fantastic racks will hold them. They have been stored in the back of my truck(with camper shell to prevent theft). This makes the truck very crowded, as well as difficult and time consuming to remove tools.

Well, why am I posting in this thread you ask? I do have a hedge trimmer mounted on a weedeater head that uses the normal diameter shaft. This type of hedge trimmer tends to shift in a regular rack, rotating the engine upside down- leaking gas. The extra weight of the sickle bar head would also bounce, damaging the shaft. This new style mount looks like it would hold it very well. That'd free up more space in the back of the truck for the clearing saws.

I also like the looks of the Fastrap tiedowns you manufacture. I've been looking for a solution for tieing my ATV down that did not require compressing the suspension.

Page generated in 0.04223 seconds with 7 queries