View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Member

This will be my third year doing lawn service. I got married and inherited two step children in addition to my two children, one of which I pay child support. The father of my two step children does not believe in paying his child support and since he works for him self, it is impossible to collect. I was having a tough time paying bills and had to figure out a way to make ends meet. That is how I got in the lawn service business. I started with a riding mower and a push mower. The weedeater that I had could not do the job so I bought a used Stihl weedeater for 220.00. I also bought a small handheld blower. I started out putting the weedeater, blower and other stuff in the back of my truck but by the time I got to the jobsite the equipment was always flipping and rolling around and losing gas everywhere.

Then I decided strap the equipment down with bungy cords in my trailer with my mowers. This worked well until the time it didn't at the end of last season.

It was late in the day and as usual I was tired. I guess I did not strap the cord around my weedeater good enough. I was driving down the road when a guy in a 4x4 truck came up beside me at a red light and motioned for me to pull over. I pulled over and he came up to my truck holding the remains of my weedeater. The housing was busted up and the shaft was bent. He told me the weedeater bounced out of my trailer as I crossed over some railroad tracks and he did not have time to dodge it. He ran right over it. We looked his truck over and there was no damage to his truck. I cannot say the same about my weedeater. He was very nice about the situation and I was lucky it was not someone in a small car that was lawsuit happy. There are good people.

I just invested in 2 new weedeaters and a backblower. I have been looking at buying a trimmer rack to try and keep something like this from happening again but everything that I read about them in these forums has kept me from buying one, but I have got to do something. If you feel that I am worthy, I would love to give your rack a workout.

Page generated in 0.04140 seconds with 7 queries