View Single Post
Old 02-11-2000, 03:10 PM
Banned

My best customers are at work while I am working. I think you can sometimes run into problems with people that have too much free time on their hands. They will want to talk, etc. I am friendly, will wave, smile, grab the paper/garbage cans, whatever, but talking is one thing I don't get paid to do. I learned this when I was a lawn-boy in junior high. <p>I had a customer that was challenged, so to speak. She always wanted to hang out and talk and do everything, but let me do my work. I felt bad for her plight, but eventually, stopped working for her.<p>Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I wouldn't discuss issues related to the services, I do. I just can't listen to the Story about Aunt Glady's hip replacement surgery when there is money to be made.<p> I would not take it personally that this gal took offense to your charges. Some people just don't realize how good they have it. That price is a reasonable price for a minimum on aeration. It sounds like to me, she has it in her head you were pushing a $99.99 piece of equipment. The way I see it, it's not really your fault, and not really hers.<p>John

Page generated in 0.03850 seconds with 7 queries