View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 03:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Upset 42" Mini-Z Owner

Hi all,
Just venting some steam,

I am a Mowing operator and bought a Mini-Z brand spankers and after 20 hours the deck belt snapped. (I admit the belt popped off the left side and went under the pulley for about 5 minutes.) I rang the supllier to get a new belt and he said Oh I'm sorry we sold our last one 2 days ago. (I don't care about that, he should have stock for these common items) As I needed a belt straight away he said "go get a A132 belt and fit it". I did this and was happy. 2 days later, bang the belt popped off. This time it just came off, then later that afternoon. it came off and ripped out the idler pulley with it, and nearly my calf muscle at the same time. the belt was sliced as it was wedged between the pulley and the belt guard on the pully. Next morning I thought I will get another belt (so far $120.00 in belts) to do the job and take it to the supplier as I was going away for an extended weekend. Fitted the new belt and tested it only for it to do just did the same as the last belt.

So after leaving the machine with the supplier and fitting a new belt he slugs me with $110.00
then telling me that a A132 is not the right one it needs to be a power drive belt.(hang on you say, Didn't he say get an A132 belt, and that is what is in the manual)

Now what really pisses me off is that he tried to back out on what he said because he can't remember what he said and then openly admitted "I HAVE NOT READ THE MANUAL FOR YOUR MODEL".
Well if he gave me bad advice what is he telling others ( well I know because there is another operator with a Fast-Trak 44, and thats another story in itself)

The problem I face is that the next dealer is an hour and a half drive to get there. that is roughly 4 jobs each way

Cheers
Mattie435

Page generated in 0.03907 seconds with 7 queries