View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 07:32 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
Paul,
I was just reading through some old posts and came accross this one. In that meeting we were in last week, someone brought up the point that the 15384 wouldn't allow the beam spread of a 60 degree bulb to come out because the bulb was too far back away from the lens. What is your experience with this? Have you ever tested a 60 deg. bulb side by side in a 384 vs. something with a very open lens like a 15381? I need to do this soon to resolve my curiosity, but I thought you may have already done so. I know that you can put a lens on the fixture to stretch the beam, but I'm mainly concerned about the fixture itself with no lens or accessories.
If anyone else would like to chime in, please feel free. Thanks in advance.
Hey there Chris, I use a lot of 60 degree lamps in the 384 and 087 fixtures and have started using a lot of 484 and 494s. I have not done a side-by-side comparison with the 381 but I can tell that there is a vast difference between the 36 and 60 degree beams in the fixture. The cowling may cut off a little of the outer beam but not enough to worry about.

Paul R Gosselin, Sr., CLVLT(#0632)
NightScenes Corporation
Director, AOLP
www.night-scenes.com
www.facebook.com/NightScenes

Page generated in 0.03536 seconds with 7 queries