View Single Post
Old 12-15-2001, 01:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Brandon

By mid Nov grubs are on there way down and don't surface untill late June early July on ornamental roots and late Sept. to mid Nov on turf. Mask chafer is our Jap beetle here but adults do not eat ornamentals. They hydrophil and can be found along sea walls and just above the high water mark of most ditches. The Peace River is the divide between Zone 9 and 10. North of the river we have hardly any and south of the river is loaded. South of the river is more upper middle class and people water a lot. north of the river is working class and water less. I live under the north end of the bridge. Merit in early June Takes care of them and a lot more here it the Bug Capital of America. Dylox in the fall as needed. Our soil is darn near 100% calicum sand compacts easy and average pH about 9.5. I don't know about your soil except it has got to be better and has different problem. Therefore I make sure not to post anything about your soils or ferts for you area. I know you old guys forget things. They call that senior moments. I am only 16 but will check you profile to see when the Mayflower landed.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.04274 seconds with 7 queries