View Single Post
  #60  
Old 12-14-2007, 08:46 PM
pete scalia pete scalia is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 960
I will tell you that I've gotten some very real shocks from 12 volt lighting. Try touching a conductor to an open cut on your hand. Try holding two conductors loosely between your thumb and forefinger and you will singe your skin. Also with twelve volts it's not so much the shock risk but the risk of fire due to overheated conditions during shorting and overloads. It's the high amperage that'll get ya there. Better safe than sorry.
Reply With Quote
 
Page generated in 0.03991 seconds with 7 queries