View Single Post
Old 12-20-2001, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Member

sulfer application

I am still learning about the weed control/fertilization aspect of the business, so i have a bit of a delima. I had a soil sample test done by my local extension office.test came back with a ph level of 7.8, nitrogen-4, phosphorus-12, potassium-248. they said to apply a balanced fertilizer (10/20/10 or equivalent) at 10 lbs per 1000 square ft 4 times per year and to apply sulfer at 20 lbs per 1000 square ft in one application. they also said to re-test in 3 years. the sulfer application seemed to me to be a bit high so i called the local lesco dealer here and he agreed with me and said that average application rate was 2-3 lbs per 1000 square ft but not to go more than 6 lbs. i also thought that maybe the 20 lbs per 1000 sq ft rate might be spread out over the 3 years before the next re-test but the guy at my local extension office said "no. it will not hurt a thing". since i have conflicting reports i am not comfortable about doing anything with this yard until i have a definite answer. I would appreciate any information given. thank you all in advance! by the way, the turf is bermuda grass.

Page generated in 0.04042 seconds with 7 queries