View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 05:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkzipp View Post
I know there is a forum on this site that deals with starting up a business, but they are not specfic to Ontario. Since I found this thread, I'm hoping that you can help me with the procedure involved. I have done lawn maintenace, fertilizing, planting etc. for the past few years, but would like to register the business now. I obviously have to register the business name, but is a business permit/license necessary? Does PST or GST have to be collected or remitted and if so on what purchases or sales or services. Just a few of the questions I have. Any and all help and guidence would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

No permits or licenses unless you are appling fertilizers, I do recommend business insurance though. Only GST on services needs to be collected, and pst on and goods sold however I dont usually mess with the PST and just include the materials in the cost of the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecarboy View Post
Since we're on the topic...

I only had personal coverage on my truck but somehow my insurance company found out and they canceled my policy "for underwriting purposes". The cancellation won't effect me negatively, but I do need new insurance. My question is, will it be possible to get commercial auto coverage even though I'm only 17? Thanks guys.

I am not sure however try this company:
http://www.sinclaircockburn.com/group/contact/1.asp

They do all the landscape insurance for landscape ontario so they know what they are talking about. How on earth did ur company find out though?

Cheers

Page generated in 0.03891 seconds with 7 queries