View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Venturewest,

Awesome potential! I can't wait to see this feature unfold. I am; however; glad to hear that the homeowner is opting to remove the Koi. Many of us realize that Koi can indeed survive in shallow pools but it is like locking up a large dog in a three foot by three foot fenced enclosure. He can survive there but most certainly will not get any exercise.

The same is true with Koi. Any fish expert will tell you that the most advantageous way to allow large fish like Koi to exercise is with depth. Fish not only need to swim left and right but up and down as well. It uses an entirely different set of muscles for them to swim from the top surface of a pool down to the bottom.

So next time any of you consider building a "KOI POND", please consider the health and survivablitiy of the inhabitants...the Koi. Give them want they really need and not what we think they can get by with.

In this case Venturewest you made a good sound decision to rebuild the system minus the Koi. A decision that will leave you with happy clients and healthy goldfish instead of stressed out Koi. I can't wait to see what you do with it. Keep us posted.

William

Page generated in 0.03800 seconds with 7 queries