View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utility Dave View Post
2 questions

1.What size fisher plow does that big truck have???

2.I am going to be doing some spring cleanup and when I do I am going to dethatch and I am wondering is this blower going to be able to blow the thatch??http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...&sName=Blowers or this one??http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...&sName=Blowers
It only has a 9ft. which is kinda surprising for that size truck put thats what it has.

Sorry kid those links cracked me up. Try to find someone you can borrow or rent a backpack blower from. Or look in Uncle Henry's for a used one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pclawncare View Post
Nice work redmax man but with all those pics did you do any work? Just givin you a hard time man. I cant blame you for subbing out the mulch. I believe the saying goes work smarter not harder.
Yeah i worked. just took the pics when i was done. It was worth subbing out the mulch IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakhillslandscaping View Post
nice work guys, love that blower and truck
If you need a job done just let me know and i can put you intouch with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnBoy89 View Post
I don't know how much it cost for the mulch blowing but for 13 yards around here paying around $35 a yard I would have probably charged $80 including spreading pay one guy for the day costing you at most $80-$90 total is $1040 minus paying your employee and materials you make almost $500.
If this whole job was to be done by hand it would use around 20 yards. The blower is much more efficient and uses far less per square foot. It would be along day and cost far more to pay labor to spread all that mulch and do a quality job. In the end i may not get any of the work if the customer can't pay for the most important visual aspect, the bark mulch. Doing it this way I made a profit off the mulch and did all the other work, finished in a day and don't have to go back another day to mulch. So i can move on to the next job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S man View Post
Nice work! I want to start doing jobs like that. I'm mostly just doing regular lawn maintenence and am very busy with just that!
These jobs can be enjoyable and profitable but you gotta work hard at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&MLawn View Post
Im in your area (kinda) and wondering what you were paying for the mulch blowing.

Thanks!
$60 - $65 per yard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf'n'Turf View Post
looks fine, but kinda defeats the purpose of efficiency when they are loading the blower by hand with pitchforks and shovels
There is a hopper right there... how else do you move it. Its easier doing that than being the guy at the end of the tube spraying the mulch. Problem is no matter how you do bark mulching you gotta move the mulch some way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK lawn care View Post
That mulcher is sick! I wonder how much somthn like that would cost?
Approx. $50,000
F450 XLT Dump
Fisher Xtreme Vees
22' Enclosed Trailer
16' Open Trailer
14' Dump Trailer
10' Open Trailer
Redmax 2stroke Equipment
Walker, Wright Stander, Lesco
Little Wonder, Stihl, ect. ect.....

Page generated in 0.05424 seconds with 7 queries