View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member
Trudeau, great looking job. I didn't realize you are only 18 and doing work like that and with some great equipment. I want to get into mulch/material blowing in the Charlotte area in a few years.

Utility Dave, those blowers will only make you want more. Try to borrow a good blower from somebody and do a couple of jobs, then go get the biggest backpack you can get. If you're going to do a lot of cleanups, get a huge blower, like an Echo PB-755, Stihl BR550 or 600, or RedMax 8000. If you're only going to do a few cleanups, a smaller backpack will do, but more power is almost always better. Look on for a starter blower for cheap if you need to. I wouldn't sink $130 in a blower that doesn't have much power and that won't last a long time. I'm not sure how close Norway, Maine, is to Bangor, but somebody has a 5hp Billy Goat blower for sale on craigslist for $200. This would be a monster for cleanups. You might not need something that big, but check around garage sales and pawn shops for bigger blowers.
Wingate University Class of 2010
Page generated in 0.03937 seconds with 8 queries