View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 12:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Trudeau, great looking job. I didn't realize you are only 18 and doing work like that and with some great equipment. I want to get into mulch/material blowing in the Charlotte area in a few years.

Utility Dave, those blowers will only make you want more. Try to borrow a good blower from somebody and do a couple of jobs, then go get the biggest backpack you can get. If you're going to do a lot of cleanups, get a huge blower, like an Echo PB-755, Stihl BR550 or 600, or RedMax 8000. If you're only going to do a few cleanups, a smaller backpack will do, but more power is almost always better. Look on www.craigslist.org for a starter blower for cheap if you need to. I wouldn't sink $130 in a blower that doesn't have much power and that won't last a long time. I'm not sure how close Norway, Maine, is to Bangor, but somebody has a 5hp Billy Goat blower for sale on craigslist for $200. This would be a monster for cleanups. http://maine.craigslist.org/grd/647056624.html You might not need something that big, but check around garage sales and pawn shops for bigger blowers.

www.tomberlawn.com

Page generated in 0.04785 seconds with 7 queries