Thread: New House
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 08:12 AM
LawnSite Member

New House

I have been reading this forum for a few months, and think it's great. Please be easy on me if my questions seem remedial.

We just purchsed a house, and before the house we lived in condos and apt's. I have never really had to take care of a lawn. The house we purchased has a lawn that looks terrible. The entire front section between the sidewalk and street (4' x40') is almost entirely Chickweed.

The main section of the front yard (40' x60') has Purple bells, purple lilacs, chickweed, and crabgrass.

The back yard (65' x 45') has clovers here and there and chickweed in places. I have eliminated most of the clover with Weed B Gone Max int he back yard.

I was looking into fertilizing with a weed and feed around memorial day. What type of weed and feed would you recommend? I have a Lesco about .5 miles away from my house. I used the Scotts Weed and Feed and Fertilized int he morning when there was still dew on the ground, but didn't really see any results.

Should I try to treat the Weeds with Weed B Gone or a Weed and Feed Fertilizer? I am just trying to figure out the path I should take.

The Grass is mostly Blue Grass with a small amount of fescue and rye mixed into it.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Page generated in 0.04454 seconds with 7 queries