Thread: edit my flyer
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2002, 10:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Joe - please don't take offense here. However, I checked out your web page expecting something entirely different after looking at your flyer. What a great web page. Professionally done... represents yourself well. I get the impression from your web site that you are are responsible, capable, well run operation that can handle most any job. Great snow removal shots!

Your flyer, if it's printed in it's current form, does not represent you this way. You have a logo, which you didn't use on your flyer. The type is chopped up and not organized into a chohesive presentation or message. We are all at different stages of business development. Your flyer would work well for some who are promoting a different image or targeting a different market.

My honest opinion is that you are doing yourself a disservice if you put that flyer out with your name on it. It appears that you are just the neighborhood lawn service looking to help out a few neighbors in your spare time. You're too professional, and you do work that is much higher quality that what that flyer represents.

Do yourself a favor and either emulate a competitors flyer that you like (borrow their design ideas so you don't have to pay for your own) or pay a graphic designer $100 to do it for you. Or, goto a local college that has a graphic design department and talk to the instructors/professors. I'm sure you'll get some eager students who want to make a few extra bucks working on your flyer. Hold a competiotion with 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes. You get the idea.

Page generated in 0.04417 seconds with 7 queries