Thread: RWF, Inc.
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomass View Post
.....Do I need stainless on my truck........maybe not but dang if it doesn't look sharp and make me stand out like a sore thumb against my competition. It wasn't until after that truck was lost that I learned how much it was known by people I had never met that were asking me about it etc. People knew the truck and that is what I want in addition to its capability......to stand out.

Now, I am NOT trying to nitpick Tthomas's statement apart, by any means. And I hope this here, post does not come across this way. I'm kindo veering off on a different subject.

But his comment brings marketing concepts to my mind, and creative marketing is a subject that I could discuss for hours

See, I love nice looking trucks. In the trucking world they're known as "working class trucks". And no one could ever disagree that a sharp looking truck does not draw attention. Which if you draw attention - you may get some good sales leads.

I love marketing. I have more marketing ideas than I do money to do them.

The best way to stand out and draw attention is with trucks / vehicles that have bright paint colors that stand out like a sore thumb.

Some examples of companies in the Washington DC area are:

* College Hunks Hauling Junk - Bright Orange Cabovers

* Doody Calls - A pooper scooper company with Bright Green compact pick ups. (their website shows a blue truck, but I have seen bright green trucks)

While most males that have an appreciation for nice looking trucks may surely notice - the average Helen Homeowner won't. Helen homeowner isn't going to pay an ounce of attention to a truck with polished shiny metal. First Helen's eyes will be drawn to a truck with a clean, consistant psychodellic paint scheme. And then her eyes will be drawn to the lettering on the truck. And when she see the words "stonework" she's gonna say "STONEWORK! Holly banannas, I have been looking all over for someone to build my flagstone patio, get that phone number!"

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Page generated in 0.03290 seconds with 7 queries