Thread: RWF, Inc.
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic
Originally Posted by tthomass View Post
.....Do I need stainless on my truck........maybe not but dang if it doesn't look sharp and make me stand out like a sore thumb against my competition. It wasn't until after that truck was lost that I learned how much it was known by people I had never met that were asking me about it etc. People knew the truck and that is what I want in addition to its stand out.

Now, I am NOT trying to nitpick Tthomas's statement apart, by any means. And I hope this here, post does not come across this way. I'm kindo veering off on a different subject.

But his comment brings marketing concepts to my mind, and creative marketing is a subject that I could discuss for hours

See, I love nice looking trucks. In the trucking world they're known as "working class trucks". And no one could ever disagree that a sharp looking truck does not draw attention. Which if you draw attention - you may get some good sales leads.

I love marketing. I have more marketing ideas than I do money to do them.

The best way to stand out and draw attention is with trucks / vehicles that have bright paint colors that stand out like a sore thumb.

Some examples of companies in the Washington DC area are:

* College Hunks Hauling Junk - Bright Orange Cabovers

* Doody Calls - A pooper scooper company with Bright Green compact pick ups. (their website shows a blue truck, but I have seen bright green trucks)

While most males that have an appreciation for nice looking trucks may surely notice - the average Helen Homeowner won't. Helen homeowner isn't going to pay an ounce of attention to a truck with polished shiny metal. First Helen's eyes will be drawn to a truck with a clean, consistant psychodellic paint scheme. And then her eyes will be drawn to the lettering on the truck. And when she see the words "stonework" she's gonna say "STONEWORK! Holly banannas, I have been looking all over for someone to build my flagstone patio, get that phone number!"
"It's You vs. You"

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Page generated in 0.04524 seconds with 8 queries