New switches and springs may require re-adjusting rather than just marking where old switches were. Make sure you have the propel switches set to the proper clearance.
Microswitch/Propel Switch Adjustment (from the tech manual):
1. Park machine safely with park brake locked. See “Park
Machine Safely” on page 3.
2. Locate the proper switch through the sight windows (A)
in the side frame. The right wheel may require removal from
3. If adjusting the top switch, fully depress the forward
pedal 2 or 3 times and let the pedal return to neutral on its
own. If adjusting the bottom switch, fully depress the
reverse pedal 2 or 3 times and let the pedal return to
neutral on its own.
4. Loosen the appropriate nut (B) holding the switch to the
side of the frame.
5. Adjust the switch bracket location with the tabs to set the
gap (0.040“) between the switch’s metal plunger and the lever
associated with the switch.
6. Tighten the nut holding the switch while holding the
switch bracket stationary.
7. Check the switch gap plunger. Repeat as necessary.
With the switches adjusted properly, a slight “click” (switch
closing) can be heard almost immediately when depressing
the foot pedals.