View Single Post
Old 04-19-2002, 01:11 AM

Cheapcuts your last statment shows that you aren't really ready to start a business, in my opinion. You obviously have no clue what kind of costs goes into QUALITY equipment, (NOT Wal Mart special stuff that maybe lasts one season, if you are lucky) insurance, day to day costs. Repair, and maintenance costs, the list goes on and on.

If you feel that you can work for half what is being charged, and make money, it is likely you will be one of those that doesn't make more than a year or two in the biz, and walks away bitter.

Other people have said it, and I believe it. Go get a job working for another contractor for a while. Learn the ropes, found out what it is like to interact with customers. Go price some quality equipment, check prices on licenses, insurance. If you plan to hire help, they WILL NOT be cheap.

Trust the guys that have been in the biz for a while. There is a reason why they charge what they do. I wish you the best of luck, but at the same time can honestly say that with your ideas of pricing, I am glad you aren't planning to start working in my area.

Don't take this last statment personally, I do not know you or your work ethic. But simply put, wanna be contractors do give the pros a bad name. We don't need any more of that.

Page generated in 0.04195 seconds with 7 queries