Thread: RWF, Inc.
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Todd,

I mean no dis-respect, but I do not agree with "soft soils", "hills", etc. Northern Va has the same weather as western MD, ok, well maybe a 5 to 10 degree temperature difference. "Soft soil" can heave just the same as any other soil.

I am not going to be one of these guys that sits at their keyboard telling others what to do But, you do incredible work, and we ain't seen nothing yet! Because of your talent, I am certain that in the coming years you're going to land some SWEET, UNIQUE jobs.

One of the things that has set my company apart from others is the fact that we take the extra step to ensure our work will last forever. My favorite is when other contractors tell homeowners "geo-textile fabric is not necessary, if you want it it's an additional charge"! That is the biggest load of crap I have EVER heard! If you're truely the best - then such a product is STANDARD! You don't allow others (clients and other local contractors) to dictate your your company's standards!

When you complete a job and you leave, your clients are tickled pink with what they just paid you tens of thousands of dollars to do. Its from this point where we contractors keep our fingers crossed that nothing happens to even the slightest disappoint a satisfied client.

Todd, I have no doubt that you are going to rise above most of us here. My suggestion to you that you do not leave out any aspects of a job that will give your client and you piece of mind that it will last forever. Again, you're the PRO, don't let your fellow local contractors set your company's standards, and don't let your clients be your company's quality control. You have a true talent and a good head on your shoulders, you set the standards and live by them. Overtime you will be known for being the best by homeowners and by other contractors.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Page generated in 0.04083 seconds with 7 queries