View Single Post
Old 04-20-2002, 12:47 AM
LawnSite Member

It is driving me nuts....

I'm 18 and I have had my landscaping business since I was 15. In the beginning it was't too bad, I was mowing 6 lawns a week. Since that time I have grown and now have 20 steady mowing customers, about 10 customers that call me for a one time mow each week. So I am mowing close to 30 lawns a week, plus I do mulch jobs, average is about 7 cu. yds.. The problem is that I do all this myself. You may think that it's not a big deal, but try doing that and going to college at the same time. It is close to impossible but I don't want to quit either one. There are days when I don't feel like mowing at all, mainly because of my mower. I have an ENCORE Z 48, and it clumps grass like crazy. It drives me nuts because I have to go over it again and again to keep the customer happy and it is wasting my time. As of right now I have no one working for me but I hope to change that soon. I guess what my question is, Does anyone have advise for me to get rid of the clumping and make the lawns look like nice flat carpets when I'm done? I sharpen the blades after I mow 5 lawns, I clean out under the deck all the time. I just don't know what is wrong. And I'm not really in the mood to buy another mower right now. Any advise would be great, thank you..

Page generated in 0.03987 seconds with 7 queries