View Single Post
Old 07-05-2000, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

&lt;img src = http://content.communities.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=view_photo&ID_Community=Stevesairportpage&ID_Topic=2&ID_Message=5&Action_Flag=&gt;< p>Man, this took a while to get in!!!!! downloaded a quick autocad sketch (excuse the roughness, just trying to test it out) as you can tell by the # of edits, quite a few trys.<p>Anyways, what I trying to get to is if anyone has had a problem like this.<p>I did a set of steps using keystone wall block, straight face, and by the time I got to about the fourth step, the blocks were just not leveling out. The base course was PERFECT, but due to block imperfections, this happended as I got father up the steps.<p>Now, my question is how do I go about getting the &quot;CAPS&quot; to be level, or at least close to level. <p>They aren't that bad, maybe a eigth of an inch up to almost 1/4 inch &quot;teter totter&quot; when the cap spans two blocks.<p>I was wondering if you guys use shims of some sort, and if you do, what do you use.<p>Or, do you try to float it out with the block adhesive (I'm using pave tech's paver bond #1 flexible/clear)<p>or, do you do some masonry work and float some thinset mix across the top first and set the caps in.<p>any ideas appreciated.<p>steveair <p><p><br>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: steveair<p><br>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: steveair<p><br>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: steveair<p><br>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: steveair<p><br>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: steveair<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: steveair

Page generated in 0.04454 seconds with 7 queries