View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The first pic with the boulder steps:

a) The steps look nice. Wow Tanks

b) The joints in the flagstone path at the bottom of the steps are WAY TOO WIDE. Customer requested "informal" i think real small joints looks formal

c) Not sure if you did the planting, but those Emerald Green Arbovitaes should NOT have been used. Those things grow tall and they grow wide. They appear to be too close to the A/C units, the units need room to breathe. 10 years from now they will prove to be poor judgement in selection. Yep we planted everything. they are about 2' away from the ac unit. emerald are a skinnyer arb and will work great there. also with limited trimming every year they will work GREAT and help keep the condenser cool in the hot summer.

The second pic:

a) Along the path you have (2) Hostas on each side. 1) Always plant in odd numbers, never plant in even nnumbers. 2) There is enough bed space that I would not have used HOSTAS. I would have filled all of that planting space with colorful perennials of one, solid color. Im not for sure cos i didnt design this one but i belive there is 3 on each side just not shown in the picture.Also the customer requested hosta so thanks but this is what they wanted. The back yard also has limited sun so our choices are a little limited.

My sales lady/designer has her Degree in Landscape arc so i know she knows what she doing. Now sometimes she has to have a "balance" between whats right and what the homeowner wants but she draws (all by hand) SWEET landscapes.

Page generated in 0.04328 seconds with 7 queries