View Single Post
Old 04-12-2000, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Member

I got a couple of pretty good ones. One of them is mine and one of them I witnessed.<p>I had mini trackhoe rent for a job awhile back. I had it rent for a week and I finished the job before I had to carry it back. So I decided to carry it to the deer camp and fix a troublesome creek crossing. I got both bank slope nicely to where you could easily get across with a four wheeler. After finishing I start back across the creek, I was about halfway across and one of the tracks broke. The rental company was closed for the day and there was a storm coming in that night. I didn't want to have to explain to the rental company how there trackhoe got washed into the river. So the only choice was to somehow get it out. End up using the bucket to support the side that was broke and using the good track and a winch to get it out. <p>The other one involved a logging company at the same deer camp. The logging company had CAT D5 in there doing some clearing around a &quot;dry&quot; slough. It ended up not being quite that dry. By the time the operator decided that he was stuck and wasn't going to be able to get out on his on you could step up onto the roof of the cab. I sure glad I didn't have to get that dozer out.<p>Jay

Page generated in 0.04108 seconds with 7 queries