View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know if I ever said anything in this thread, thou I do recall wanting to except I didn't know where to begin
because there were so many things it was like, where do I start...?

Then it gets to a point I feel like folks might think I'm always pounding down up on the new guy or the guy who just made
a mistake, and I know I'm no better than anyone so it's like, why say anything, just let it be, maybe it will work out and if it
doesn't then it's just so much in terms of experience and later giggles.

But I am glad someone has started to see what I've been thinking...
That is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickhippy View Post
I figure he'll be making $300 (or so) a day.
After expenses how is there room to pay a worker?
Sure, he will make some profit for himself but at what point is it not worth doing? What about putting money a side for winter slow periods etc, non operating costs.
That $300/day in itself isnt that bad for a days work (if your doing it every day of the year) but after you pay bills, put food on the table, bank some, put money a side for new machinery etc etc, all things that NEED to be done it doesn't leave much for play/life money.
Personally speaking if anyone can gross 30k in their first year that's all fine and dandy, that is actually darn good for
a first year solo maybe even with one helper, but my first problem is putting all the eggs in one basket.

I learned one thing in my early years, and that is the rules of business exist for a reason,
I think one of my main mistakes was assuming that since I owned my business that the owner
could break the rules, not to mention I wasn't exactly the one asking for that, but I found out
the hard way it boils down to break a rule and it hurts...

There's more, such as dropping a load of money on equipment for ONE job.
These are not just things we don't do, here again we don't do this because of a reason.
You break any one rule and it hurts, break several and you tell me how this is going to work out

Because really the biggest problem is that the HOA has this Lco by the gotchas, tell me...
If I were your one and only customer and thus your sole source of income, what would you not do for me?

That is scary, what with 30 grand on the table...

Last edited by topsites; 12-23-2008 at 05:38 PM.

Page generated in 0.04289 seconds with 7 queries