View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis45 View Post
Just throw it back in your dads face that he's a cop. He sits in a car and eats donuts all day, haha. (no offence to anyone, honest joke)
None taken. Donuts are only at 4:30am when there is nothing else to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Grasscutter View Post
My parents were like that, totally unsupportive of the business. Now they understand it and are much more willing to let me do what I need to make it work. They are even gonna let me use part of my college fund to buy a dump truck.

Give it time, they'll come around.
Yeah, its not so much my mom as it is my dad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hosejockey2002 View Post
With all due respect to your father he's not thinking right. I would be proud to have a son like you who had the drive and work ethic to run your own lawn care business at your age. I have a son who is a lot older than you (22) who can't seem to show up at work three days in a row and is in and out of trouble with the law. I would set him up in a lawn care business, buy him the equipment, show him how to bid, teach him everything I know, but I won't bother because it's still work and I know he wouldn't do it.

Whatever happens with the trailer, keep at it and make the old man eat his words.
I will, I have made it a challenge to myself to be successful and make him eat every last word.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyTblc View Post
There are people that I know that cut grass on the side as a hobbie. They have their regular full time jobs, then they cut grass after that. They have college degrees and everything.
I agree that your dad isn't thinking right. I think if he said that around here, I think people would slap him for not encouraging something like that. And is all this because you want a bigger trailer? OR because of college?
Well, the trailer subject pissed him off and then he just kept going on and on, then later my sister and I were talking about college and him still being a jerk said well you don't need college if your just gonna cut grass all your life. We haven't spoke since

1994 F-150 XLT 4X4 8' Uni-Mount
1995 7.3L F-250 XLT 4X4 9' Uni-Mount & Pro Flo Spreader
2009 7x14 Trailmaster
2003 7x18 Trailmaster

48" Walker MT GHS
36" Walker MC GHS
48" John Deere Hydro W/B
21" Husqvarna XT7
Stihl KM-90 W/ FS-KM
Stihl FS-85R Trimmer
Stihl FC-95 Stick Edger
Stihl BR-550&600 Backpack Blower