View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 02:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic
Originally Posted by davis45 View Post
Just throw it back in your dads face that he's a cop. He sits in a car and eats donuts all day, haha. (no offence to anyone, honest joke)
None taken. Donuts are only at 4:30am when there is nothing else to do
Originally Posted by KS_Grasscutter View Post
My parents were like that, totally unsupportive of the business. Now they understand it and are much more willing to let me do what I need to make it work. They are even gonna let me use part of my college fund to buy a dump truck.

Give it time, they'll come around.
Yeah, its not so much my mom as it is my dad.
Originally Posted by hosejockey2002 View Post
With all due respect to your father he's not thinking right. I would be proud to have a son like you who had the drive and work ethic to run your own lawn care business at your age. I have a son who is a lot older than you (22) who can't seem to show up at work three days in a row and is in and out of trouble with the law. I would set him up in a lawn care business, buy him the equipment, show him how to bid, teach him everything I know, but I won't bother because it's still work and I know he wouldn't do it.

Whatever happens with the trailer, keep at it and make the old man eat his words.
I will, I have made it a challenge to myself to be successful and make him eat every last word.
Originally Posted by AndyTblc View Post
There are people that I know that cut grass on the side as a hobbie. They have their regular full time jobs, then they cut grass after that. They have college degrees and everything.
I agree that your dad isn't thinking right. I think if he said that around here, I think people would slap him for not encouraging something like that. And is all this because you want a bigger trailer? OR because of college?
Well, the trailer subject pissed him off and then he just kept going on and on, then later my sister and I were talking about college and him still being a jerk said well you don't need college if your just gonna cut grass all your life. We haven't spoke since
Kennedy Landscaping

1994 F-150 XLT 4X4 8' Uni-Mount
1995 7.3L F-250 XLT 4X4 9' Uni-Mount & Pro Flo Spreader
2009 7x14 Trailmaster
2003 7x18 Trailmaster

48" Walker MT GHS
36" Walker MC GHS
48" John Deere Hydro W/B
21" Husqvarna XT7
Stihl KM-90 W/ FS-KM
Stihl FS-85R Trimmer
Stihl FC-95 Stick Edger