Thread: Jersey Guys
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreams To Designs View Post
Doc, retired last year, but may make an appearance in the Basics of Landscape Plants. Steve is now the leader of Basics of Landscape plants along with Derron Dover and a couple of really great filed and classroom staff. Larry left the programs two years ago and the Basics of Design class has not been held since. Pete is still teaching in the Home Gardener's School, both spring & fall. Steve is very active in teaching during the short turf program and the two year program. Bruce Crawford is now the director of the Rutgers Garden and teaches the Principles of Landscape Design course with Dominic Mondi and Bruce Neary is the course coordinator in quite a few programs.

The green roof idea is a good suggestion, but in keeping with the Rutgers tradition, we would need an instructor that has extensive experience in that subject, and there are not a lot of those folks out there yet. Lot's of folks with ideas and suggestions, but not a great deal of research or track record.

Kirk
glad to hear all those guys are still around and teaching. doc is legend for sure (your idea is not valid, lol!) and derron was just starting as an intern back when i was there.....really nice guy as i recall. i learned a lot from all those guys.

i hear you on the green roofs...i do think its gonna be a big thing in the next 5-10 years...that in conjnction with water conservation.

Page generated in 0.03558 seconds with 7 queries