View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Member

I had a scag when I bought my first and even back when the baggers had the auxiliary motor, it still clumped and looked terrible unless it was totally dry. I bought a Toro after that, and wasn;t all to happy there either, I bought it because it was supposed to have the best cut, then I went with Exmark, and I loved it. I got out of maintenance for a while and just bought a couple Ferris today. I stayed away from the exmark as the price is off the wall now, almost 12k quoted on a 6o" z, I went with Ferris as was mentioned due to dealer support. I was never able to get a machine out of the dealer I bought the Scag, TOro and Exmark from if something went down, the dealer I bought from today guaranteed me one. Another concern I had with the exmark now is that they are switching decks again, I come form the school of don;t fix what isn;t broke, they had a fantastic machine, then played with what worked, and the dealer told me it didn;t play out so well, now they are trying to switch back. I will watch and see where it goes. I truly wish there was a dixie dealer around here, or a walker, they are really where I want to be, but not local and the others are.

As for the smaller tools, I run billy goat walk behinds, and the rest are all stihl from the saw to the trimmers and even the smaller blowers. They have always been reliable for me.

Page generated in 0.04337 seconds with 7 queries