View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 12:35 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Rat View Post
Why do you think every large marine engine is a V configuration.

The reason why inline 6 engines are used in trucks bigger than a P/U is because a V8 is too wide for the frame rails. If you ever looked at a V-8 Mack the 500hp engine it was shoe horned between the frame rails. Look at the 8v92 Detroit. Have you seen a twin turbo C-15 Cat the emmissions motor everything is crammed under the hood.

Just because its a inline 6 doesn't make it better look at the big V-12 Cats the V-16 Cats or the old V-12 V-16 Detroits.

I really like the argument that 6 cylinders are easier to work on okay how many of you work on a brandnew P/U truck yourself. Its not like your doing a inframe on the truck. That argument is done like last nights dinner.

You guys live in a false sense of realty with the small Cummins. For one its a throwaway engine, two it was never designed as a truck engine, three if it wasn't for Dodge buying the 5.9/6.7 Cummins wouldn't have a market for that engine. Paccar is using it but no where near what Dodge uses.

The new 6.7 is a even more throwaway engine with its siamese bore and modified block. You over heat that baby once the block is tweaked.
Siamese boring & Cummins is a Ford diehards new wet dream
You need to go back and research "siamese boring" from a engineering standpoint, not from your personal hate for Cummins 6.7L ISB. Unless your wanting to bore out the 6.7L, then siamese boring actually strenghtness the engine block while increasing stroke & bore. The word "siamese boring" is often misunderstood whether gasoline or diesel engines.

Show me a new Powerstroke diesel 6.0 & newer? you don't have to take the cab off the frame to work on the diesel engine! I will eat my shat.

Honestly lets hope our world economy does not fold, so we can keep this crap going

Page generated in 0.03735 seconds with 7 queries