Thread: Sales
View Single Post
Old 12-26-1999, 08:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

In reply to ADM's post, it seems like you have a poor dealer who doesn't know that at Ford, quality is job 1 (just kidding). But, I have several Fords, which I have chosen over other brands because of my personal preference and my experiences, and my desire for uniformity. This year we purchased a 99 F-350 in May, and a 00 F-350 in November. We use a Ford Truck dealer not a car/truck dealer. We ordered a 99 in late 98 but for some reason it didn't make the Ford production line. Our salesman, like all the others has access to a list of Ford Pool trucks which get sent out to body installers in prep. for retail sales. He found a pool truck that met our specs. Before it was assembled he had the order changed to our body type and the truck came in for us. He also keeps a variety of trucks in stock of interest to many different customers, which is convenient. This fall, one of his stock trucks fit the bill for what we needed, and there was virtually no wait. In conclusion, the right dealer/salesman can help with your problem because he will get to know you, and keep in touch with what you need. It probably helps to not tire kick too much, in my opinion, because if you send mixed signals, any salesman will move on to a more active lead.<p>P.S. I am very happy with my Fords. I started with an '83 F-150 pickup, and our last purchase was a 00 F-350 SRW diesel Flatbed dump with a Diamond Plow.<p>----------<br>Phil Grande - Soundview Landscape Supply<br>http://members.aol.com/scagrider

Page generated in 0.04059 seconds with 7 queries