View Single Post
Old 01-29-2000, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

O.K. Eric, <br>My name is Homer from south east Alabama.I am 38 years old. I operate a full time Lawn Maintenance business in a town of 20,000. I maintain 5 schools, several commercial sites and numerous residentials. We have concentrated on mowing only to this point in order to establish a good customer base for future endeavors. I have around 80 accounts all together but not all pay year round. Our Focus in 2000 will be to gain more yearly accounts and drop off the seasonal customers who cannot see the benefit. From reading the forum and doing some research our next service will be aerating. I will be pushing this a little closer to spring and see where it goes. We will target the higher end areas in and around our town to gain a higher per customer average. My ultimate goal is to do less for more and downsize our travel radius.<p>Family: 3 kids, 2 daughters 18 & 14, 1 son, 7. Been married for 20 years in June, started early with the kids. I started out part time in '96 and worked it as a side job for extra money. The business grew until something had to go, in May of '98 it was the full time, secure, great benefits job! Call me crazy but I had to get outside, life is just too short. I don't have any regrets so far, I still eat everyday.<p>My equipment list:<br>(1) 1999 Dixie Chopper 72&quot; City Slicker<br>(1) 1997 Dixie Chopper 50&quot; Flatlander<br>(1) 1996 Scag Super Z 48&quot; w/Trac-Vac Bagger<br>(1) 1995 Airens 40&quot; lawn tractor (still going)<br>(3) Stihl Trimmers<br>(2) Stihl Edgers<br>(1) Stihl Backpack blower<br>(1) Echo Backpack Blower (good boat anchor!)<br>(1) Stihl handheld blower converted to mini bagger<br>(1) Husqvarna hand held blower (p.o.c.)<br>(1) Snapper 21&quot; self propelled<br>(1) Tanaka Trimmer<br>(1) Tanaka hedge trimmers<br>(1) 2000 Dodge Quad Cab, 5.9 Cummings Deisel<br>(1) 1984 Chevy Silverado swb.<br>(1) Trailer world 8x20 open trailer <p>And one big hope that I will hit the Fl. Lottery real soon! Until then I will be working as hard as I can to pay all this off, so I can buy something else, like 40 acres in the country!<p>Homer<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: HOMER

Page generated in 0.04266 seconds with 7 queries