View Single Post
Old 01-30-2000, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Greetings to all. Well, my small operation is not nearly as exciting as the rest that frequent this site. I am in north central Illinois, about 90 miles SW of Chicago. About 7 or 8 years ago my sons started mowing lawns in the small town we lived in at that time, and used the &quot;family&quot; Lawnboy for the job. Moved into a larger town about 5 years ago and one son decided that this was a good way to make money and work around his other activities. Well, along came college and I inherited the lawns that fall. Last year I took them on in the spring and he did a couple over the summer, but for the most part, it was my &quot;business&quot;. At the present, I have 2 very small residences that take me about 45 mins. each (right across the street from each other, nice!). 1 apartment and small business owned by the same people, about 1 1/4 hr each, and 2 larger homes that takes about 1 1/2 to complete. Equipment as follows:<p>12 year old Lawnboy push.<p>1 year old self propelled Lawnboy.<p>Extra Lawnboy engine for the push mower. (easier to change the engine and just repair the bad on on the bench!)<p>John Deere rear engine rider, 34 inch cut, 8 hp Briggs engine. Only use this for larger lawns. More of a pain in the neck to load and unload than what time you save. <p>Homelite string trimmer. About 10 years old, the smallest size they make.<p>Weedeater brand blower, which I wish I had never laid my hands on. Doesn't like to run very well when the temp is above 70 deg.<p>I carry this massive inventory of equipment around in a Chevy S-10 pick up, and did have a boat trailer converted to a flat-bed, but sold it and am in the market for a utility/snow-mobile trailer to replace it. <p>I really like the Lawnboy mowers for the work I do. If I get an opportunity I will pick up another push model, and retire the 12 year old model. (or sell it at a garage sale!!)<p>My &quot;real&quot; job allows me a great opportunity to work the lawn side. I work from 4:00 a.m. until about 1:00 p.m., so there is plenty of time to hit a lawn or 2 before I whip up dinner.<p>Enjoy this site a lot, and like to see what type of operation everyone else has. Full of information and ideas as to what a person could do if going into this full time. Thanks to all.<p><br>

Page generated in 0.04652 seconds with 7 queries