Thread: What to pay??
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 06:32 PM
tmc8524's Avatar
tmc8524 tmc8524 is offline
LawnSite Member
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Owensboro Kentucky
Posts: 75
There is a way to get around all the legal stuff and still be legal. I can't afford to pay workman's comp and all that so what i do is not actually "hire" a worker, but get their ss# and list them as contracted labor. At the end of the year list it on your taxes as contracted labor with their info, and how much you paid them. The gov. will then send them a form and they will have to pay a small tax. Here it's only like 1%, but tell them up front what is going on so they won't think the irs is after them, and be sure to tell them it is their responsibility to turn the info into the gov when the form comes. This way ur legal, they are too, and if they don't comply it is not your fault.
Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.03929 seconds with 8 queries