View Single Post
Old 06-08-2000, 03:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Hi...My name is Kathy and we hail from the Heart of Texas. My husband (Keith) and I are in our second year of owning and operating our own lawn and landscape company in a town of 175,000. We maintain 75 residential properties, 2 apt complexes and a large ford dealership. My husband, with 1 full time and 2 part-time employees provide full service lawn maintenance, mostly mowing, trimming & edging. I do all the landscape work, mainly establishing beds and planting spring and fall color. I sometimes use part-time help if the jobs are big. We currently focus on adding new clients, both residential and commercial with a four color brochure that we bulk mail using a mailing list we purchased from a local broker. I designed the tri-fold brochure using Microsoft Publisher, it's complete with color photos of our equipment and details a list of our services and other information about our business. We have received over 50% of our business from this brochure. Every lawn company should have one! We have invested our life savings and gave up professional careers to mow grass...what a LIFE! We Love It! I have been visiting this sight for over a year now and the information we have taken has been priceless. I am here reading posts every night. Thanks guys and gals for all your expert advice. And go easy on Stone!! He's not so bad! He adds a little spice to the pudding and writes some interesting Medievel Reading. lol<p>Current Equip List:<p>1 2000 61&quot; Turf Tiger 23hp Kohler<br>1 New 48&quot; Scag WB 14hp Kohler<br>1 New 36&quot; Scag WB 13Hp Kohler<br>2 Troy-Bilt 33&quot; mulchers<br>1 22&quot; Murray Push Mower<br>1 15&quot; Stabilized Multi Line Lawn Trimmer<br>2 Stihl FS85 Line Trimmers<br>1 Craftsman Line Trimmer (Old Faithful)<br>2 Stihl FC75 Stick Edgers<br>1 Stihl BR400 Back Pack Blower<br>1 Craftsman hand-held blower<br>1 Weedeater hand-held blower<br>1 Stihl HS80 24&quot; Hedge Trimmer<br>1 Stihl HL75 Extended Length Hedge Trimmer<br>1 Weedeater 18&quot; Hedge Trimmer<br>1 Chipper/Shredder<br>2 2000 F-150 Ford extended cab trucks<br>1 1999 12ft single-axle utility trailer with 4' ramp gate<br>1 2000 16ft tandem utility trailer with 4' ramp gate with locking trimmer racks<p>Family: We have 4 children, 1 son-29, 3 daughters, 26, 11, 10. We have been married 12 years (grown kids are mine from previous marriage). My husband and I are both 47 years old. Keith was an Airline Transport Pilot for 15 years and I was an accountant for 23 years. We now operate as Lawn Care Professionals full time. The Great Outdoors...man, that's hard to top! We're not getting rich...YET!...but it pays the bills. Last year we had a mild winter and mowed right through december and started back up this year february 1st. Didn't even notice the slack time in January because we were gearing up for Spring. Once again thanks for all your dedication to this forum!<p>----------<br>Kathy Hill<br>

Page generated in 0.04250 seconds with 7 queries